Sunday 15 November 2009

"Morning Walk "



A pretty pastel morning,

The sea a gentle swell,
The morning Sun is climbing,
Over sand and sea and shell.

The air is like cool satin,
A caress against my face,
I stretch my legs and swing my arms,
Picking up the pace.

I want to get to Marazion,
The next town round the bay,
There and back will be five miles,
I hope to keep fit this way.

The light is always changeing,
The scene is always new,
It would take a lifetime,
To tire of this view.

There's rabbits playing on the grass,
And always dogs I know,
They'll remember me for a biscuit,
And bring me balls to throw.

There's flowers there to photograph,
And swans fly over the foam,
And maybe a "bacon banjo",
Before I venture home!

Copyright © Res JFB 12th May 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment